One of the practical questions that comes to mind is how will I be able to live and support myself in Thailand?
Well, teaching English is where I have decided to start.
I have a three-year college diploma which isn’t as compliant as a four-year university BA to teach in thailand. My plan is to attend a six week TOEFL course in Chiang Mai then pursue an English instructional gig south of Bangkok in one of the coastal communities.
I need to verify what paperwork I’ll need, but I know originals are important to have. My Diploma and transcripts will be critical I believe.
Anyway, lots of questions to answer in the days ahead, including:
- Is a college diploma sufficient to teach?
- Do I need an official transcript?
- Will I get into trouble with immigration when entering the country if I have my diploma with me?
- What school should I attend for training?
- Should I train in Bangkok or another city?
- Where can I find a job once I’ve completed the course?
- How will I obtain a work permit?
- What resources are there available to learn about teaching English in thailand?